zwischenzug (ZVI-shen-tsoog) — noun

A chess tactic in which a player, instead of playing the expected move, first interpolates another move, changing the situation to the player's advantage (such as gaining material or avoiding what would otherwise be a strong continuation for the opponent).

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was last week, and I got a great present last night!  Okay, it really wasn't a birthday present, since I actually sold off some games to buy this games - back in January!  One of the games was on back order until last week, (something to do with US Customs) and so it finally came last night.  The games are:

7 Wonders (image by a_traveller)


Onirim (image by Shadi Torbey)
Space Hulk: Death Angel - The Card Game  (image Jesus A. Perez)
Wings of War: Watch Your Back! (image by Andrea Angiolino)
All of them are fairly short games, which was part of the reason for the purchase.  7 Wonders also supports seven players extremely well, which is rare for a game.  Onirim is the highest rated solitaire I have seen in a while.  Death Angel gives me a Sci-Fi filler, and is also playable as a solo game.  Watch Your Back can be played with Wings of War: Burning Drachens  for up to six players now.  And all of the last three games are small enough to travel well.

As I get them played I will try to review them.

It's Your Move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and trash talk -- I can handle it!